Don Liddy is Counsel to the firm. He takes on tough cases on behalf of
the victims of corporate negligence. Don has been trial counsel in personal
injury cases for over twenty years. He has tried over sixty cases to jury
verdict in a variety of jurisdictions. Don has obtained jury verdicts
in multiple wrongful death cases, brain injury and other serious injury
cases. He has been selected forSuper Lawyers® by his peers.
Don Liddy has obtained multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements for
- Wrongful death against the State of California involving a dangerous road.
Caltrans refuses to fix the road and the parents file a lawsuit. The Victorville
jury awards $7,000,000 in wrongful death damages. Caltrans fixes the dangerous
road immediately after the verdict.
- A young man suffers a brain injury due to the negligence of a construction
company and Caltrans. A Policy limits demand is refused. The case is tried
in Independence California. The jury finds for the plaintiff resulting
in $10,000,000 recovery - five times the amount of the policy limits.
- The County of Palmdale and a negligent corporation cause a crash injuring
a man and his family on their way home from church. After years of fighting
and denying the case settles for over $13,000,000 during trial.
- A large apartment building owner hires a convicted rapist as a maintenance
man. When a young woman is abducted and killed the maintenance man is
found with the victims jewelry. The defense offers nothing to settle before
trial. The jury awards $12,000,000 to the family for their loss.
- The nation's largest car rental company rents a recalled vehicle to
two college students. The girls are killed when the car catches fire.
After four years of litigation all over the country the company finally
admits liability. The resulting recovery is over $15,000,000.
- A retired Marine is injured by a negligent trucking company. The defense
denies responsibility and offers nothing to settle. The San Pedro jury
verdict totals over $1,000,000.
- A 90 year old grandfather is killed by a negligent driver. The insurance
company makes no offer to settle until just before trial. The jury awards
over $1,300,000 - more than five times the offer.
- A Simi Valley jury awards $1,500,000 to a family injured in a crash after
the insurance company refuses to pay.
Don enjoys coaching his children's football and soccer teams. He likes
hiking, reading and spending time with his wife and their three children.
Call us today. This is your firm.
SHOOP | A PROFESSIONAL LAW CORPORATION
350 S Beverly Dr, Suite 330
Beverly Hills, CA 90212