The product liability lawyers at Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation again advise of Ventlab Corporation's voluntary product recall instituted on October 16, 2012 - which relates to a previous recall on or about July of 2012.
This recall relates to and involves approximately 14,600 Ventlab Corporation manual resuscitators. Each of these manual resuscitators referenced below have been tested and the product defect associated with them involves their production of very little or otherwise no oxygen through the valve to the patient-recipient, which could obviously result in life-threatening oxygen deprivation (hypoxic condition and related hypoventilation).
Ventlab has indicated that these recalled, resuscitators were manufactured and distributed nationwide to EMS units, hospitals, and various clinics from March 2012 to July 2012.
The following models listed below are involved in this recall:
- Ventlab AirFlow Infant Resuscitator
- Ventlab AirFlow Adult Resuscitator
- Ventlab StatCheck Adult Resuscitator
- Ventlab SafeSpot Infant Resuscitator
- Ventlab AirFlow Small Adult Resuscitator
- Ventlab Premium Small Child Resuscitator
- Ventlab Premium Infant Resuscitator
- Ventlab RescueMed Infant Resuscitator
- Ventlab Premium Small Adult Resuscitator
- Provider Enterprises Adult Resuscitator
- Provider Enterprises SafeSpot Infant Resuscitator
- BreathTech SafeSpot Infant Resuscitator
These recalled resuscitators are additionally identified by their associated part number, description and labels, as well as another, smaller white label on the packaging bags.
Ventlab Corporation states that it became aware of the issues associated with its various resuscitators after an adverse incident wherein a resuscitator exhibited little to no oxygen output through the patient valve to the end user. The FDA has issued additional instructions to end users as a result of this product recall.
Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation continues to investigate issues involving these resuscitators, and if you or a family member has suffered a failure of these devices which has lead to catastrophic consequences or injury, you need experienced legal counsel with significant experience in medical device matters. Contact Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation today to speak with an experienced Los Angeles product liability attorney.
CALL US TODAY AT (866) 884-1717