What Type of Compensation Can I Recover if a Defective Toy Harmed My Child?

Toys are meant to be fun, but they can be subject to defects that slip past safety tests. When such hazards are present in toys, they can pose a serious danger to the children who play with them. Accidents caused by defective toys can require extensive hospital stays, multiple surgeries, therapy, and other expensive procedures to ensure a child’s recovery. As a result, you may be wondering what type of compensation you can recover from a defective toy claim. While you can’t put a price on a child’s health, adequate compensation can be a step in the right direction.

Defective Toy Lawsuit and Compensation

Whenever a flaw in product design or an error in the manufacturing process causes a toy to harm a child, a lawsuit may be filed to recover damages from medical bills, ongoing care, pain and suffering and additional financial losses. In order to win your child’s toy injury claim, you must be able to prove that: (1) the product was defective, (2) the designer or manufacturer caused the product to be defective, (3) as a direct result of the negligence, your child was injured, and (4) your child’s injuries resulted in compensable damages.

While the value for injuries sustained is relatively straightforward to determine, it is much more difficult to work out the potential loss of the child’s income as an adult and future medical treatment. A lawyer, and their access to professionals in the medical and economic field, can help determine the fair value of these types of lawsuits. That way, you are able to seek the appropriate amount of compensation from the manufacturer responsible for your child’s injuries.

Contact Our Los Angeles Product Liability Lawyers Today

At Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation, our Los Angeles product liability attorneys understand just how traumatic it is when a child is injured. Manufacturers may have well-funded attorneys on their side, which is why you should have strong and aggressive representation to protect your rights and get the money your child needs to recover.

Call (866) 884-1717 or contact us online for a free consultation.