Resources You May Need After a Burn Injury
Recovery Is Difficult. You Don’t Have to Go It Alone.
Life after a burn injury can be difficult, especially if you try to deal with everything yourself. Fortunately, many organizations have dedicated their work to helping those with serious burn injuries. Below is a list of resources* that may be able to help you understand your injury and assist you with rebuilding your life:
- Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation: A California-based nonprofit health organization committed to providing services and support to burn injury victims, including residential summer camps for child burn survivors.
- Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors: A nonprofit dedicated to empowering burn injury victims through education, peer support, and advocacy.
- Shriners Hospitals for Children: A nationwide network of hospitals dedicated to treating children with burn injuries and other special health care needs regardless of a family's ability to pay. They have locations throughout the nation, including Los Angeles.
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA): A nonprofit devoted to eliminating death and injury due to fire and other related hazards. The NFPA provides a broad range of helpful guidance, including safety information, training, and fire-related research.
Are Legal Resources Also Available?
Depending on the circumstances, you may also be entitled to seek compensation from the parties responsible for your burn injuries, including the manufacturers and designers of dangerous products.
This means you may be able to collect damages to cover your medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. To determine what legal options may apply to your situation, reach out to one of our burn injury attorneys as soon as possible.
* Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation does not endorse any of the organizations listed above. The information contained on this website is provided for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.
Over the past several decades, we've recovered millions for our clients.REcent Victories
Learn more about our clients' experience working with our firm.Featured Reviews
Award Winning Team
Work with Los Angeles premier personal injury attorneys.Meet Our Staff