Don Liddy takes cases on an of-counsel basis. He fights for the victims of corporate negligence. Mr. Liddy has tried over 60 personal injury cases in the last 20 years, working across a variety of jurisdictions. He has obtained jury verdicts in wrongful death, brain injury, and other serious injury cases.
Mr. Liddy has been honored with selection to Super Lawyers®, which identifies high-performing lawyers through peer nominations and a variety of professional evaluations.
Don Liddy has obtained multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements for his clients:
- Wrongful death against the State of California involving a dangerous road. Caltrans refused to fix a road, and as a result, a young driver was caught in a fatal accident. A Victorville jury awarded $7,000,000 in damages to the parents. Immediately after the verdict, Caltrans began work on the dangerous section of road.
- Catastrophic injury against the State of California involving roadwork. A young man suffered a traumatic brain injury due to the negligence of both Caltrans and a contracted construction company. After the state’s insurance refused a policy limits demand, the victim filed suit. The eventual jury verdict was in the man’s favor and awarded him $10,000,000—5 times the insurer’s policy limit.
- Catastrophic injury after a family car crash. The County of Palmdale and a negligent corporation were at fault in a bad accident that injured a family driving home from church. After years of argument and denials of liability, the case settled for over $13,000,000 during the trial.
- Wrongful death against the owner of an apartment complex involving staff. The owner of a large apartment building hired a convicted rapist to perform maintenance. The man abducted and killed a young woman tenant and was found with her jewelry. In pre-trial negotiations, the defense refused to offer a settlement; a jury awarded $12,000,000 to the family for their loss.
- Wrongful death against car rental company involving recalled auto. The nation's largest car rental company gave 2 college students a vehicle that had been recalled. The car caught fire while they were in it, resulting in their deaths. The rental company denied fault for 4 years, as the case was passed between multiple jurisdictions, but ended up paying $15,000,000 to the victims’ survivors.
- Personal injury against a trucking company. A retired Marine was injured by a negligent trucking company. Though the defendants denied liability and refused to settle, a San Pedro jury awarded the victim over $1,000,000.
- Wrongful death in a fatal car accident. A 90-year-old grandfather was killed by a negligent driver, but the at-fault party’s insurance waited until the eve of the trial to make a settlement offer. The plaintiffs rejected the offer and were awarded more than 5 times the original amount by a jury. They received $1,300,000.
- Personal injury after a family was hurt in car accident. A Simi Valley jury awarded $1,500,000 to a family injured in a crash after the insurance company refused to pay.
A Caring Attorney for Your Cause
When he’s not in court, Don enjoys coaching his children's football and soccer teams. He likes hiking, reading and spending time with his wife and their three children.