Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney
Helping You Pursue Compensation for Burn Injuries
Third degree burns are catastrophic injuries that require lifelong treatment. The lives of both the victims and their families are impacted by high medical costs, years of rehabilitation, and many other complications as a result of fires and burns.
If you, or someone you know, has suffered injuries or losses as the result of a burn injury, you may be entitled to monetary recovery for the losses.
What Are the Most Common Incidents That Cause Burn Injuries?
The Los Angeles burn accident attorneys at Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation have recovered millions of dollars handling lawsuits and claims involving burn injuries.
Here is list of types of incidents that can cause burn injuries, for which you may be able to recover for your losses and injuries:
Explosions and toxic chemicals on a job site can cause burn injuries. Employers who fail to maintain a safe worksite, as well as a manufacturer of defective machinery, may be held liable.
A workplace fire may involve a workers compensation claim in addition to a claim or lawsuit against the manufacturer or distributor of the faulty equipment.
Defective Products Burn Injuries
Defective products can explode and cause severe injuries to consumers. The designer, manufacturer, or retailer of the product may be liable.
Defective products can include:
- Flammable Clothing: including lightweight textiles, cotton, linen, acrylic and loose-fitting clothes. Some clothing can cause deep and severe burns based on how they burn.
- Beauty Products: that cause injuries and burns to the skin, which can result from the use of products for hair, skin and nails. Skincare agents containing salicylic acid and potassium hydroxide can cause severe burns, nerve damage and scarring.
- Home Appliances: including major appliances and heating equipment such as space heaters, cause numerous residential fires every year resulting in injury and deaths.
- Furniture and Mattresses: depending upon the material contained in furniture and mattresses, a fire can quickly spread throughout a room and residence.
- Heating Pads: can be very dangerous when they are defective or poorly manufactured since heating pads release heat. Defects include the failure to turn off automatically, which can result in burns if someone is sleeping. Other defects include inadequate warnings or use instructions.
- Children’s Toys and Products: Child products that can be fire hazards include food / bottle warmers, motorized ride-on toys (power wheels and others), nightlights, magnets, trampolines, toy guns, darts and clothing made of flammable materials.
- Auto Parts: Defective auto parts include tires, brakes, steering, air bags, fuel systems and accelerators.
Burn Injuries From House & Apartments Fires
Many house and apartment fires are caused by faulty wiring, broken smoke detectors and defective kitchen equipment. If an electrician did subpar work or a landlord knew about a problem and failed to fix it, they may be liable.
A fire in a home or apartment may also be caused by a kitchen fire from cooking equipment and appliances. Victims can suffer burn injuries as a result of a house fire or apartment fire or a workplace fire.
These fires can be due to the fault and negligence of other people. A landlord or employer’s failure to comply with fire safety rules can cause fires.
Injuries From Car & Truck Fires
Cars and trucks can catch on fire due to accidents or mechanical failures. An occupant may suffer burns due to the flames and the hot fluids in the vehicle.
What are the Different Degrees of Burn Injuries?
There are different types of burn injuries, each of which can cause serious damage and injuries:
- First-degree burn injuries are the most frequent type of burn injury and can occur when someone is sunburned or comes into minimal contact with a heated dish. A first-degree burn can cause discomfort, inflammation, blisters and some pain.
- Second-degree burn injuries damage both the outer layer and the inner layer of the skin causing greater damage and pain. Second-degree burns can be caused by very hot water, chemicals and heat sources such as ovens and stoves. The skin may turn red, have a shiny appearance and blister as a result of second-degree burns. The pain can be intense.
- Third-degree burn injuries destroy the outer and inner layers of the skin and may also harm muscles, tendons, bones and nerve endings. The skin may look white or yellow, scar and become infected.
- Fourth-degree burn injuries are the most severe type of burn and may be life threatening.
At Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation, we understand that any major injury or accident can be very serious. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a fire, explosion, shock, and exposure to dangerous radiation or chemicals, you need to consult our burn injury lawyers in Los Angeles as soon as possible.
What Compensation Is Available in Catastrophic Burn Injury Claim?
The Los Angeles burn injury attorneys at Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation has been successful in dealing with insurance adjusters and property owners to get compensation for fire and burn victims. We have recovered millions of dollars for burn injury victims.
Recovery from burn injuries can be a devastating and confusing experience due to the:
- Mental anguish
- Physical pain
- As well as the lost income and wages that follows
Of course, no two cases are the same, but many victims require long-term or lifelong medical assistance. Some may lose their ability to live independently, and many are unable to continue earning an income. If you have been seriously injured, or if a loved one was killed as a result of a burn-related injury, our compassionate and understanding Los Angeles catastrophic burn injury attorneys can help you.
What are the Long Term Effects of Third Degree Burns?
Victims of serious burn injuries suffer some of the most painful symptoms imaginable. Many have to live the rest of their lives with permanent scars and physical disabilities. Oftentimes, victims will suffer a lifetime of emotional and psychological traumas that affect their day-to-day activities and opportunities.
The victims of catastrophic burn injuries may struggle for the rest of their lives with:
- Loss of mobility
- Brain damage
- Lung damage
- Muscle damage
- Scars and disfigurement
- Skin grafting
What Kind of Liability Exists In Burn Injury Cases?
When it comes to liability, it typically depends on the negligence involved and who may be held financially liable for the damages sustained. For anyone who has sustained a serious injury, recognizing who may be responsible is important.
This gives you the opportunity to pursue legal action with confidence knowing you’re seeking justice and compensation from someone who was reckless in their actions to keep you safe.
How Can a Los Angeles Burn Injury Attorney Help?
If someone else reasonably could have prevented the incident that caused your burn injuries, contact a Los Angeles burn injury attorney about a potential lawsuit. Our law firm can walk you through the processes.
Put Over 35 Years of Experience On Your Side Today
While there are many things that set us apart from other burn injury law firms, our experience is probably the most important. In fact, our lawyers have been handling fire cause and origin cases in California and throughout the United States for decades.
When you come to us with a new case, we assemble a team of nationally recognized consultants to ensure a thorough fire scene analysis is completed. This is an essential step in maximizing your recovery.
Along with our experience in investigating and processing fire scenes, Founding Attorney David Shoop is a member of the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Research Group―a distinction very few lawyers share. He has prepared lectures for attorneys and other law firms regarding NFPA 921 standards for investigating fire and explosion sites.
Simply put, the burn injury lawyers at Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation have a level of experience few firms can match and we will put this experience to work for you.
Our knowledge and experience have helped burn victims receive substantial monetary recoveries in the multiple millions. We want to fight for maximum compensation for your burn injuries after such a devastating accident.