Helping Los Angeles Businesses with Legal Issues
Going up against former colleagues, customers, or clients can seem as daunting as facing a big corporation. Our team at Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation has the resources to take on big cases and the experience to guide you through more personal ones. Here are the issues we help with:
- Breach of Contract: Breach of contract usually happens when one person or entity fails to provide products or services as agreed upon in a signed document. If the party who broke the contract does not have a legitimate legal justification, you may be able to recover your losses.
- Broker Misconduct: Brokers are held to high standards and hold the trust of companies and individuals. Unfortunately, there are numerous ways a broker can violate legal parameters and harm your interests in doing so.
- Stockbroker misconduct may be intentional or accidental, but if it costs your business, you might have a case. Illegal conduct includes negligence, churning, misrepresentation, over-concentration, unauthorized trading, and unsuitability.
- Business Collections: When a debt has been sent to collections, you may feel discouraged about your chances of recovering it. Significant unpaid invoices can threaten the future of a small company. You do not have to let the unpaid debts of others control your business. A lawyer at our firm can help you explore your options.
- Business Dissolutions: While sometimes dissolutions are voluntary, other cases involve outside issues that are beyond your control. Whether you’re involved in a corporation or partnership, an experienced lawyer can ensure you follow regulations while protecting your interests.
- Commercial Transactions: Whether you are seeking to establish or expand a business, our attorneys can help you with the legal side of things. We provide assistance in cases including loan and equity financing, mergers and acquisitions, licensing, tax planning, and business collections.
- Business Disputes: Seemingly simple disagreements can balloon into large legal issues. When they do, you need our team on your side. We can help with the following issues.
- Contract Disputes: Unfortunately, parties in a binding agreement sometimes fail to uphold their side of the bargain. When this happens, our team can help you with negotiation, mediation, and/or arbitration.
- Partnership Disputes: Partner disputes can be harmful to businesses and after often very emotional for the people involved. Our attorneys can step in to help you find a resolution.
- Insurance Disputes: Commercial insurance is complicated, and oftentimes you may find insurers pushing back against claims for reasons you don’t even understand. Taking legal action is one way to resolve these issues..
- Trademark Disputes: If another party violates your trademark rights, you could suffer a loss in reputation and revenues. Protect your business by filing for a registered trademark and enforcing it against would-be copycats.
- Royalty Disputes: When your business holds the rights to royalties of real or intellectual properties, anyone else who uses the licensed material for profit owes you. When others fail to pay these royalties, the financial burden may cause trouble for your business.
- Licensing Disputes: Protect your hard work with the assistance of our team by applying for a copyright or patent. Should someone infringe, we are here support you from cease-and-desist letters through litigation.
- Loan Modification/Foreclosure Disputes: If your business is not generating enough income to pay the mortgage or operating expenses, your lender may be able to modify the agreement. Our firm can help you negotiate a resolution that keeps your end of the deal without hurting your business.
Employment Law: According to the State of California Labor and Workforce Developmental Agency, there are 477 key laws that directly affect labor and employment for both public and private sector workers. These laws outline the requirements for wages, hours, working conditions, benefits, and special labor relations in the state of California. The federal government has other, different regulations you must follow.
It’s difficult for any business owner to keep track of everything on their own. An attorney can help answer your questions and consult regarding compliance.
Investor and Shareholder Issues: If you’re looking to expand your business quickly, you may partner with investors and/or shareholders. As with all financial issues, disputes or nonpayment may arise. You are entitled to receive the promised funding from an investor as long as no legitimate legal reason prohibits its payment. Our team can assist you in negotiating or litigating such matters.
Real Estate Litigation: If you need legal assistance with issues such as a lien, title defect, loan modification, or foreclosure defense, we can help you. Our attorneys understand the state and federal regulations that cover commercial real estate and can guide you through the complicated process.
Unfair Business Practices: Our firm can help you prosecute a competitor for unfair business practices such as illegal and fraudulent behavior. Businesses of all kinds are protected under the Unfair Competition Act, which we may be able to use to prove another party’s wrongdoing.
Committed to Helping Your Business Grow
Our team of knowledgeable attorneys can help with many of the complex legal issues you may find yourself facing as a business owner. Our number one goal in every case is to win a favorable result. Your time is much better spent developing your business. Let us take on the legal work so you can continue your success.