Los Angeles Attorneys for Dangerous Infant Products
Has Your Infant Been Injured by a Product? Cribs, Carriers, Toys and More—Our Attorneys Can Help.
Consumers should be able to assume that products are thoroughly tested for safety. Sadly, there are companies that will put profit before consumer safety.
Many products have been recalled after they were found harmful to children, usually following reports of serious injury or death. Pulling a product from the marketplace may protect the public, but companies also use them as a way to reduce their liability in product defect cases. If your child has been injured or killed due to an unsafe product, the company that is responsible for the dangerous infant product must be held accountable for its actions.
4 Reasons You Can Depend on Our L.A. Lawyers
- We bring 35+ years of combined legal experience to your case
- We've secured 8-figure verdicts & settlements for clients
- Our attorneys have been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® since 2011
- Our Los Angeles firm is nationally recognized for its successes in product liability cases
If your child has suffered an injury because of a dangerous product that never should have been sold in the first place, the dedicated and experienced attorneys at Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation are here to help you seek justice for your child and your family. We are passionate about protecting the rights of children injured by dangerous and defective products. Not only will our lawyers help you identify the liable party so you can hold them accountable, but they will work tirelessly to remove the dangerous product from the market so other families will not have to suffer needlessly.
Many Dangerous Products May Put Your Child at Risk
As a parent, there is nothing more important than the safety and well-being of your children. In fact, whether you are comparing cribs, buying pajamas or shopping for any other type of child-related good, you want the best products―ones that will not put their safety at risk. Sadly, dangerous and defective kids' products hit the market more often than you would like to believe, putting all of our children in danger.
Parents, Beware These Potentially Harmful Products
Children’s products can be recalled for a variety of reasons, including hazards associated with suffocation, choking, falls, or strangulation.
While the list of recalled child-related products is seemingly endless, potentially dangerous and defective children's products may include:
- Cribs, bassinets, and cradles
- Infant carriers and defective car seats
- Infant swings
- Baby monitors, particularly those that include corded sensor pads
- Pajamas or other clothing items
- Defective medical devices used by children
Some faulty products like these will be recalled, but others may still be sold in stores. It’s not necessary to be backed by a recall if you want to sue. Any harmful product can be challenged.
Who Might Be Liable?
After facing the dangers of harmful products firsthand, you might wonder who you can bring a lawsuit against. Is it the store where you purchased the item? The brand that sells it? In product liability cases, there are typically four parties that can be held responsible:
- The designer, who may have made mistakes by including dangerous components.
- The manufacturer, where errors or the use of cheap materials could lead a product to malfunction.
- The distributor, who could have introduced untested products to the market.
- The retailer, who may have sold unproven items or failed to provide accurate warnings to parents.
If one or more of these parties are responsible, Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation will help you figure out the exact root of the defect so you can build a strong case against them.
Our Lawyers Can Help You Seek Justice
With more than 35 years of combined experience, few firms can match our legal knowledge―and even fewer can match our history of success. When working with our clients, we do everything in our power to hold negligent companies responsible for their actions. When you need trial-tested advocacy and caring counsel, you can rely on Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation. We encourage you to speak with an L.A. dangerous infant product attorney at your earliest convenience.