Los Angeles Industrial Burn Injury Lawyers
Were You Burned in an Industrial Accident? We’ll Evaluate Your Case for Free.
At Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation, we serve industrial burn victims and their families in the Los Angeles area. After any fire or explosion, you need a capable, experienced legal team on the case. Not only is Attorney David Shoop a member of the National Fire Protection Association, but we also work with top-tier consultants so we can fully understand the cause of the accident.
If you or a loved one has been injured in an industrial burn accident, we urge you to contact our Los Angeles law firm. We want to help you access the quality care you need at hospitals and burn centers. At the same time, we understand that specialized medical treatment is expensive. Our mission is both to obtain the compensation you need for your treatment and to help you move forward.
Call (866) 884-1717 today for a free consultation with a Los Angeles industrial burn injury lawyer.
What Causes Industrial Burn Accidents?
Many industrial jobs involve heavy machinery, flammable chemicals, and other potential fire starters. Studies have found that up to 45% of all burns in the U.S. occur in the workplace.
Employees may be injured when:
- Hot work is not properly shielded and/or takes place too close to flammable or combustible items
- Friction between two items causes sparks
- Flammable dust combusts
- Flammable liquids/chemicals are not stored properly
- Electric circuits malfunction
- Incinerators, boilers, heaters, or other equipment overheat
There are countless things that could go wrong in an industrial workplace, especially when someone else is negligent.
Can You Sue for a Burn at Work?
When something goes wrong, you may be able to hold a product designer, manufacturer, retailer, or maintenance company liable for causing your industrial burn injury. It depends on the defect and negligence at the heart of your case.
For instance, if you were burned by heavy machinery, an attorney would look to uncover one or more of the following types of negligence:
- Defective design: If a piece of machinery did not have enough safety features built into it, the designer would be held liable.
- Manufacturing defect: If something went wrong during the manufacturing process and led to a product defect, then the manufacturer would be responsible.
- Failure to warn: If a retailer failed to notify your employer that a machine was defective or recalled, then you may have reason to sue that retailer.
- Failure to maintain: If a maintenance company failed to regularly inspect and repair a piece of machinery, then it can be held responsible for burns caused by the out-of-repair machine.
If none of the above apply, you may have a right to collect workers’ compensation. Unfortunately, employees cannot sue their employers. There may be some exceptions, however, such as if the employer did not have workers’ comp insurance when they should have.
It is best to consult a skilled lawyer after suffering an industrial burn. We offer free consultations so that you can learn your options without any obligations or risks.
Compensation for Industrial Burn Injuries
Our Los Angeles legal team has successfully fought for many industrial burn accident victims, recovering them compensation for damages such as:
- Time off work
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning potential
- Hospital and burn center bills
- Prescription and OTC medications
- Surgeries, such as skin grafts
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Physical therapy, and other rehabilitative care
- Pain and suffering
Our team can discuss your damages and how much you may be compensated. We will fight to maximize your compensation, as we are dedicated to helping you move on from a life-changing accident.
Trust Our Track Record of Success
Burns can be extremely painful and may leave lasting scars that affect your dexterity and your self-confidence. Anyone who causes this type of suffering should be held responsible. But after a workplace fire or other accident, you likely have questions about how you should access treatment and who should pay for it.
Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation is here with answers. In the past 35+ years, we have recovered over $550,000,000 for those injured by negligent companies and corporations. So why wait? Speak to our attorney team to learn about your rights and options.
Contact us online to book a no-cost, no-obligation consultation. Our Los Angeles industrial burn injury lawyers stand ready to advocate for you!