Los Angeles Fire Damage & Injury Lawyers
Did You Suffer Property Damage and/or Injuries in a Fire?
There are few things more devastating to life and property than fire. Fires can cause disfigurement and permanent injury among innocent victims. Even more, they can destroy the business or residence you’ve put time and effort into building and maintaining. Fire may seem like a devastating and unstoppable force, but it always has a cause and an origin. Let our fire damage attorneys in Los Angeles help investigate your case and hold any liable parties accountable for your suffering.
Contact Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation with your case. You can call us at (866) 884-1717 to start the process of pursuing compensation.
Why We're Uniquely Qualified to Handle Your Case
Attorney David Shoop is a nationally recognized trial lawyer who has taken on countless fire damage cases. In contrast to other attorneys in the field, he has substantial experience working with fire scenes. He’s a member of the National Fire Prevention Association and has given many lectures on techniques for investigating fire scenes. And, he’s litigated several multi-million-dollar cases for his clients.
When you partner with our legal team, you’ll have access to an attorney who:
- Served as lead trial counsel and has litigated numerous fire and casualty cases
- Has years of legal experience in fire and origin analysis
- Can use his knowledge of the NFPA 921 standards for fire scene investigation
You can trust our firm to protect your interests as you move your claim forward. In instances involving residential and commercial fires, we understand just how devastated you may be. You may have lost everything you own. You may have lost a loved one. You may have lost your health and vitality. Whatever your circumstances may involve, our award-winning team is here to support you.
We Get Results. Period.
At Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation, we get results. We have been responsible for million-dollar settlements and recoveries for our former clients, and we look forward to the opportunity to do the same for you. Some of our successes in fire damage and fire injury cases include:
- $3.5 million in compensation for a catastrophic burn injury victim;
- $5 million verdict after an insurer acted in bad faith; and
- Many other seven- and even eight-figure results.
How Defective Products Can Start Serious Fires
Many people assume house fires are started by a forgotten candle or an unsafe cook, but there are many other hazards in the home that people may not be able to guard against. In fact, in most situations, fires are started by a defective product or the improper installation or wiring of one. Where this is the case, anyone affected could be able to file for compensation.
Defective products commonly associated with starting fires include:
- Faulty Wiring: Almost every building has numerous wires and/or fiber optic cabling installed. Any negligence on behalf of the installer could cause a short circuit that could result in a fire.
- Gas Explosions: Furnaces, stoves, and ovens are powered by gas in many homes. Improper design or installation, or manufacturing defects, in these products can cause explosions or fires, leading to devastating injuries.
- Upholstered Furniture: Furniture that was not made with fire-retardant materials can quickly ignite in a blaze or even cause a “flashover.” Improperly or inadequately upholstered furniture can be considered a hazard.
- Sprinkler Systems: In most commercial buildings and some private residences, sprinkler systems provide safety measures in case of a fire. Installation mistakes or malfunctioning equipment can lead to serious, life-threatening injuries.
- Fire Alarms: Each building is required by law to have proper fire alarm systems installed. In the event of a fire alarm malfunction or failure, you may be able to hold the manufacturer or installer accountable.
- Faulty Appliances: Electrical apparatuses in the home, such as phone chargers, kitchen appliances, and electronic devices, can become dangerously hot or, if defective, cause sparks, flame, or an explosion.
- Negligence — General negligence on behalf of an individual can cause or worsen fire-related injury. If human error caused the fire that injured you to take place, then you may be able to hold the responsible party or parties accountable.
Seeking Compensation for Fire-Related Injuries
While some fires are caused by accident, others are started as a result of a product malfunction or human negligence. Anyone who is injured in a blaze caused by another party has the right to pursue compensation. And, many times, the treatment for fire-related injuries can be costly.
Aside from burns that are extensive or deep enough that they cause your body to enter “burn shock,” you might also suffer long-lasting injuries from inhaling smoke. Whether just superheated or also a carrier of toxic chemicals, smoke can cause serious damage to your respiratory system.
Smoke injuries often linked to fires include:
- Facial burns
- Damage to the sinuses or throat
- Blistering of the lungs or trachea
- Upper airway lesions
- Chest pain
Of course, no two injuries are the same. That doesn’t change the fact that you deserve the best treatment. No matter what you are facing, our Los Angeles fire injury lawyers are here for you.
Choose an Experienced Attorney to Represent You
Our attorneys have investigated and litigated numerous commercial and residential fires in California. David Shoop has also coordinated litigation in Arizona, Texas, Florida, and New York.
Due to our extensive experience in these types of cases, our legal team is often able to secure expert testimony and analysis that can help create the most persuasive case and leverage your claim into the most advantageous position possible.
While no two cases are the same, we give each case we take on 100% of our attention and effort. When you work with our team, we develop a personalized strategy that is unique to your case and ensure that your rights are protected throughout the course of the liability claim.
Our team will pursue every avenue to reach a favorable end result. With years of experience and a history of recovering millions, we can fight for the compensation that you deserve.
Whether you and/or your property were injured as a result of a design defect or because of improper installation of a product, you can rely on our team to pursue damages for you. Owners of damaged property, people who have suffered catastrophic burn injuries, and grieving family members of fatal burn injury victims are encouraged to contact our Los Angeles product liability firm today.
Contact our Los Angeles law firm today if a fire has caused devastating losses. You can reach us at (866) 884-1717 to schedule your free consultation.