Cal- OSHA Non-Compliance
The California Occupational Safety and Health Administration requires that a firm seek a permit before engaging in certain work activities. The state then inspects before issuing the permit to ensure safety rules are complied with. Where workers are injured due to deliberate non-compliance with Cal- OSHA regulations, they may file suit for full damages in the civil courts for intentional misconduct, the Workers' Compensation law notwithstanding.
Those injured due to Cal- OSHA non-compliance are urged to contact a Los Angeles harbor industrial machinery accident lawyer.
Where Cal-OSHA Permits Are Required
Contractors engaging in the following activity must first obtain a Cal- OSHA permit:
- Construction of trenches more than five feet deep where a worker must descend.
- Construction of any building or scaffold more than three stories in height.
- Demolition of any building or dismantling of any scaffold more than three stories in height.
- Setting up a fixed or mobile tower crane.
- Use of diesel engines in underground mines and tunnels.
- Use of air tanks and propane storage tanks over 125 gallons and high pressure boilers with over 15 pounds per square inch pressure.
- Installation of elevators for either freight or passengers.
- Initiation of work on materials containing asbestos.
Industrial Machinery Accident Lawyer in Los Angeles
Shoop | A Professional Law Corporation provides energetic representation to clients injured in industrial machinery accidents due to non-compliance with Cal- OSHA regulations in the Los Angeles area.
When a client contacts Attorney David Shoop, he investigates to determine the cause of the accident and what Cal-OSHA regulations may have been violated.
He then brings suit for the client to recover medical costs, hospital bills, loss of income and pain and suffering.
Over the past several decades, we've recovered millions for our clients.REcent Victories
Learn more about our clients' experience working with our firm.Featured Reviews
Award Winning Team
Work with Los Angeles premier personal injury attorneys.Meet Our Staff